Manic Witch

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Change!

I exercised my right to bitch vote. Sorry, but even though I am pleased with the results, there will ALWAYS be things to bitch about and I am a firm believer in "If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain."
What bugs me is that no matter how I voted, it wouldn't have mattered much. Not because of the electoral college bullshit, but because of the blue state/red state thing. Illinois has been a "blue state" for as far back as I can remember (or paid attention to). And Chicago has been democrat forever. AND we live in Obama's home state, so Illinois was a guaranteed win for him.
I am so tired of hearing about how last night was history in the making. History has been in the making since Obama announced his candidacy. For the first time in American history, a black man won a nomination for one of the two major parties. And a woman was a serious contender for that same position. Palin was the second woman candidate for VP, so that doesn't count. And McCain was the oldest candidate for the White House. So while last night WAS an historic moment, this whole thing was history making.
Of course, my family is so racist that anything that goes wrong for the next 4 years will be because of "that *n*". Sadly, I know it won't be just my family that thinks that way.

**Feel free to correct me on this stuff. I am fairly clueless about how the whole political thing works. Most of that is by choice.**

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 11/05/2008 06:39:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------