Manic Witch

Sunday, September 14, 2008

This, that, and the other thing

I know I've been quiet here lately. It's not just because of losing our furbaby, but we've been so busy here that I haven't had time. We are healing, but it is going to take time. The next day we went grocery shopping and after we put all the food away decided to make hot dogs for dinner. Hubs saw there were five in the pack and thought-"Two for me, two for her and one for....." During last weeks Bears game we were cheering on some awesome play and I waited for Masse to come running in to see what was wrong so I could tell him "It's ok baby. Just football season, no one's hurt." I know it will lessen in time.

I finally started my Bears Illusion Scarf and will post a pic once I get through one repeat so you can see the effect. However, I just bought a stash of Bernat Glow in the Dark yarn and am itchin' to get stitchin' with that stuff too. So much yarn, so little time.

I had my first candle/cauldron malfunction during a spell this evening. I had the altar set up and the circle cast when I realized I needed a black candle. Fortunately I keep our stuff in a trunk and kept that in the circle. Unfortunately, all I had was a small taper and nothing to put it in. So instead of cutting a doorway and getting a proper candle holder, I just stuck it in the sand in the cauldron next to the charcoal. Know what happens to wax when it gets close to red-hot charcoal? C'mon, guess. The damn thing melted through the middle of it and it fell over, dripping wax all over my altar cloth. I guess if this is my first waxident in 9 years, then I'm not in bad shape.
I AM in bad shape at casting a circle again. When we had the coven, it was required that everyone memorize casting and closing a circle. It wasn't complicated and kept the flow going so we didn't have to keep passing the BOS around. Tonight? I had to look it up. I HATE that. Now I know I have to spend more time on my studies. And spells used to come naturally to me. I struggled with the verbage of this one. I knew my intent and what I needed to do, but I couldn't get the words to form. Back to the books I go.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 9/14/2008 09:26:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------