Manic Witch

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pussy blogging and other updates

Vader is now officially an "It". I took him in Wednesday morning and picked him up that evening. It was done by a non-profit group and included his shots for a total of $25. I had to drop him off at a woman's house and her garage was full of cats in cages. She was taking all those cats in to be fixed and wait for adoption. She fosters cats and helps trap feral to take them to local farms. They are always looking for donations and I told her that I knit. She said blankets are always welcome. So not only did I find a way to use up my stash of "too small to really incorporate into any kind of project" little balls of yarn, but I can also practice some techniques that I really wouldn't try on something that I would keep or give away.
Darth Vader came through the procedure well, and has really mellowed out. I think it may be the combination of recovering from anesthesia, sore crotch and loss of testosterone.

Percy moved out this week. He got a job nearer to where his mom lives and it only makes sense that he live there to cut down on his commute. While it is a fantasy for me and Hubs that we get our house to ourselves shortly after the kids come of age, we really aren't emotionally prepared for this. It's not like he moved across the country-just across the area code. And he isn't going out on his own, so we don't have to worry about him struggling to survive yet. But still...
Agatha has already made plans to move into his room and finally have her own space again. We told her that we need to do some work in there first. The rug needs a good shampooing since the dog lived in there for a long time and we really couldn't do more than a regular vacuuming in there-its too small to shampoo without dismantleing the bunkbeds, which is an odesy in itself. The room also desperately needs painting. We told her that the boys will be visiting regularly so she will need to give up the room when they are there and that we can't paint it all girley. Fortunately she isn't a "pink girl" so we won't have too much trouble with that.

Hubs and Darren leave today to go visit his family on Oklahoma for a week. I wish I could go. I'm one of those rare women who really loves her mother in law. I couldn't get the time off and while the girls could stay with my ex-inlaws, I need someone here to take care of the pets and we still haven't found anyone reliable enough for that.

I know my post about my sister got eaten by cyberspace, but we are really getting along very well. We really picked up where we left off over 2 years ago. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

My mom is having double knee replacement surgery on Monday. She will be in the hospital for 10 days and then who knows how long in rehab. Please send energies for a speedy recovery. Thanks.

*Whew* I guess I really need to blog more often if I have all this to post. I don't have the excuse of no time if I can waste an hour surfing stupid sites just to have something to do online. We'll see.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 8/09/2008 06:42:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------