Manic Witch

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I didn't know if I was going to post this or not...

Hubs and I have made the very difficult and painful decision to put our dog down. Masse is 18 years old, nearly deaf and is finding it harder and harder to climb the stairs on the deck. That is his only way in and out for potty and when the deck is slick, he falls. He is beginning to lose control of his bowels. He is finding it more difficult to lie down and get up. We are so worried that he is going to break a hip that we have no choice but to head that off before it happens. I've never done anything like this-my dad always took care of things. It's so hard to look at him, knowing that he only has days left. I can't even imagine coming home and not having him dance around the living room so he can go outside and tell his friends that I'm home.
How can I scold him for begging, or pestering us to let him out every 5 minutes just because there is someone in their backyard, or barking his ass off at the person in their backyard? How do we not just let him do whatever he wants-let him just enjoy his last few days of life? A life I am purposely having terminated.
That's all I have right now. Sorry.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 8/28/2008 06:21:00 PM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------