Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I know I was all set up to write something important here, but for the life of me I can't remember.
1. I am a horrible person. I keep forgetting the Olympics is going on. When I get home from work, the girls are usually watching cartoons and I am just too tired to bother changing channels. Either that or I watch one of the 50 things I've DVR'd. (I have Dish Network, so no Tivo, but tomayto, tomahto).
2. Because of DVR, I find myself wanting to back up on my car radio when I miss something. My nephew does the same thing so that makes me feel much better about myself.
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi is dying. I know hamsters have a life expentancy of only 2-3 years, and he is just over the two year mark, but still. He is such a cute little guy and any animal dying breaks my heart.
4. I am getting so bummed out at this time of year. The sunsets are different than they are at the peak of summer. Even if you didn't know what time it is so you don't realize that the sun is now setting before 8:00, it just looks different. It's now setting in a different location and it just looks different. I don't know how else to explain it. This is going to lead to my annual Seasonal Affective Disorder. I tend to get a little depressed when we have less light outside, and winter depresses the hell out of me anyway. That being said, we have the wonderful mixed blessing of a mild summer. I can't deal with high heat and high humidity, so having temperatures in the upper 70's and no humidity have really been a treat-especially since we can have the windows open all day and even better, all night, filling the house with wonderful fresh air. But on the flip side, the mild weather just makes me even more aware that summer is rapidly slipping away from us.
5. I will be going to a Lughnasadh
celebration. I told the girls I would be going and since Agatha has been my witch-in-training, I would like her to go. Endora asked to go too, so we will be having a nice girls day out-celebrating the first harvest. (Which also depresses me a little-see #4 above).
6. If you join a Yahoo Group (or any other kind of group), please do the moderators a favor and sign up with an email you actually use. I just now had to remove a bouncing member who just joined in June because his account was deleted. I had to do the same thing when I moderated a Freecycle group. C'mon, I understand if you joined ages ago and forgot about it and deleted your email address. Hubs had to delete his recently because all he was getting was spam and very little wanted emails. But if you joined within the last 6 months, either unsubscribe from the group altogether, or let the mods know your new email addy.
Ok, I think one of those little musings above was what I wanted to post. It's 5:45 in the freaking morning, so I'm not sure.
Manic Witch wove her spell::
8/12/2008 05:32:00 AM ::