Manic Witch

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The one where she bitches

1. Is it me, or are TP rolls getting narrower? With all the double rolls, triple rolls, mega rolls, super-monster rolls, the companies need to increase profits somewhere. I noticed the rolls are now narrower than they used to be. This is the kind of stuff I do in the bathroom since we don't read in there.

2. Hey bikers! If you want us to respect you and share the road, then you have to give us the same courtesy. Weaving in and out of traffic, riding my ass, stopping short, and making Hollywood stops is a quick way to getting hit, and then who gets blamed? Assholes.

3. I finally cracked the "White Shoe Conspiracy" code. You are supposed to buy them on January 10th along with your bathing suits. So while everyone else is desperately trying to find boots and sweaters (in January. In Chicago.) I will have scored the primo choices of summer wear. Who's with me?
On that note, I am really avoiding buying them online. I hate the idea that if they don't fit I will have to pay a fortune to return them. I have never bought any apparel online for that very reason.

4. The next drug rep who asks how the non-smoking is going is getting a smack. Yes, Chantix is a miracle drug for me. Isn't it wonderful? I've been smober for nearly 6 months now and have told all of them that I have no intention of ever going back, being around second hand smoke makes me sick. And yes, I get the irony. So quit asking, 'k?

5. The work-out is going well I guess. It's still painful getting up at 4:30 in the morning. (That's not a typo). I've only lost 8 pounds in 2 months, but have lost 6 inches and one size overall, so I guess I'm making progress. It just feels like I am going to end up as a size 8 but still at my present weight. I know that's impossible, but still...And I know that muscle is denser than fat so eventually I will begin to see some real progress. And please-muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound. It's like the old math question-which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead? As I replace fat with muscle, it will take up less room, so the sizes will continue to drop, I just want to see the scale change too.

6. While I am not going to bitch about the gas prices-frankly its getting old, I am going to bitch about the trickle down effect. I don't live in Chicago-proper. I live in a resort community and tourism is way down. People just cant afford to come out here and gas up their toys. They can either gas up their cars for work or their toys, but not both. So this is really hurting the tourist industry too.

So anyone else have a rant on this stormy Chicago day?

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 6/15/2008 09:31:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------