Manic Witch

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's harder than you think

...trying to bust a sweat listening to Muskrat Love. *Shut up* I ben I'm not the only one with cheesy tunes on my mp3. Anyone else want to 'fess up?

I am now up to level 3 on the treadmill for 20 minutes. I probably could have gone up to 30, but I didn't allow for that extra time this morning. I planned for an hour and spent 40 minutes on the weights, so I guess I will just need to reverse that next time. On days when I can only spend 30 minutes or so there I'm going to plan one day cardio and one day weights. I'm not seeing much progress at all. My "official" weight day is Monday. That's so I can see all the damage I've done over the weekend. I pretty much live on salads during the week, but for Mother's day the girls and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and then Agatha treated us to Krispy Kreme. I don't even know how many hours I would need to spend on the treadmill to burn that shit off. Wednesday is my "official" measurements day. I don't know why that is, but that is the day I chose. If you notice, I've only lost about 6 pounds and less than an inch overall. I can't even cross the next "weight milestone". This is getting fucking depressing and demoralizing. I've worked out an average of 5 days a week for at least 30-40 minutes and am not seeing any progress. My clothes fit the same so don't even bother with the "don't go by the scale, go by how your clothes fit" mantra. And despite all the cardio stamina, I still get all out of breath climbing 3 flights of stairs at work. So now what? We've pre-paid for 6 months at this place, and I really enjoy working out now. *whodathunkit?* But if after a month already I'm not seeing any more progress than I did when I did the 5 in '05 shit, and that was just walking about a mile every morning, then why bother extending it? Man, I'm even more depressed now.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 5/14/2008 06:28:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------