Manic Witch

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The one where I blow my own horn

NewDoc (B.S. Doc) gave me the job. It was pretty much a no-brainer at this point. I knew he wanted me before and to be egotistical, I really have outstanding qualifications and he knows it.
So I gave notice to "Job that fucked me" yesterday. I was expecting yelling and anger, but instead I got a blister on my ass from all the kissing. I got "is there anything we can do to keep you?" "what can we do to change your mind?" "You are so good at what you do, we don't want to lose you." It did feel really good that they value me so much, but it really wasn't totally about getting screwed on the promotion. In the past week they had really been making an effort to find someone for the corporate office so I could finally get to the branch and do what I was hired to do. It was about the fact that I HATE scheduling. I HATE having to beg aids to take and an assignment and then having to fire them when they don't show up, thus reducing our available pool of aids when we were already short-staffed. I hated working on my ulcer when patients called wanting to know why they are going through so many aids and knowing that I really couldn't let them know that we have a really high turn-over rate. And I know that even at the branch I would be doing all that anyway. The promotion only would have me doing that all by myself since I would be the only one there until we get busy enough to justify another person there. And the thought of taking call and hearing aids call at 10:00pm saying that they were having "car problems" on a Friday night. Like we don't know that they were partying and don't want to go to work the next day.

So, I start my new job in 2 weeks. I just hope I didn't go from the frying pan into the fire. I doubt it though, I will be doing what I do best-Medical Assisting/Office Manager. (Ok, what I do best at work. My other "what I do best" won't help put food on the table. Not enough call for Fat Girl Fetishes.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 8/15/2007 06:37:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------