Manic Witch

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The post with no name...

Thanks for the support guys. I really needed it. Unfortunately, I really DO need the piece of paper. Not right now, but I heard that Illinois will be requiring that all M.A.s be certified/registered. AND if we ever expand at work, I really don't want to be supervising someone who outranks me. And the self esteem is playing a big part here too. I hate that I can only sign "Manic Witch, MA" when I see "Sunshine Susy, CMA". Its a jealousy pride thing here. The ironic part? I worked with girls straight out of Medical Assistant school, and my dog knows more than these kids do. So they just spent an obscene amount of money and untold months in school for a piece of paper and they don't know dick. But in this dog-eat-dog world, they would end up getting promoted over me.

Knitty news:
I popped my sock cherry this week. I broke down, bought some double pointed needles, and have started a baby sock for someone I know. It really isn't nearly as hard as I though. Of course, I haven't gotten to the heel flap yet. I am still working on the length right now. But I finally managed to get the knack of manipulating all those needles flopping around. Yay me! Now if I can just get my ass in gear and finish all the other UFOs I have. Looks like Knit From My Stash isn't going to be as big a challenge as I thought. If it takes me months to finish just 2 projects, I won't be anywhere near depleting my stash by the end of September.

Who put the ground glass in my coffee?
My throat has been hurting for the past week. Mainly over the top of my right tonsil. Hubs teased me that I am NOT getting my tonsils out at my age. He knows I would be downright miserable if that happened. Agatha had to have hers out at 3 years old and she was just a trooper. I spent a week buying "Tonsilectomy" food-ice cream, pudding, jello, popsicles...and she wanted the pizza her aunt and I were eating while she was laying on the couch, recovering from the anesthesia. I tried talking her out of it, but she wanted it so much and I figured after one bite, she would realize the tomato sauce would just burn the open wound and that would be the end of it. She ate several pieces. Go figure.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 1/24/2007 07:40:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------