Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Thank you, one and all for your support and congrats. You have no idea how much it means to me. We have been busy getting the girls settled in here and trying (again) to establish some kind of routine. It has been a long, ugly battle and I don't think it is completely over. The grandfather is no doubt trying to do his best to try to get custody for himself. I know he has little chance of actually doing so, but his efforts will still end up costing me big bucks. But for now I am just going to go into my Scarlet O'Hara mode and "I'll think about that tomorrow."
On another, bloggity-goodness note, I've been tagged by Kelly
. Thanks Toots. I really didn't have much to say here lately. Memes are a nice way to throw up a post when you have writers block.
Four jobs I wish I had the capabilities of:
1. RN: I know I would never work in a hospital again, so even if I went back to school and got my license, I would still be doing what I am doing now, but it would be nice to have that extra knowledge.
2. Singer: My kids think I sing like an angel, but really my talents best lie in having the stereo in the van cranked up while I belt out my fave tunes.
3. Firefighter: I actually applied to a fire department just before I met Hubs. The first day of testing included a psych multiple guess test. I didn't make it past that. Go figure.
4. Stay at home mom. I did it for 7 years, and we can't afford it now, and I know that after about day 4, I would be trying to eat laundry detergent just to break up the monotny of the day, but it would be nice to try that out again. Kudos to all you SAHMs out there. You all have the hardest job around. Who else would work at a job that requires you to be available on call literally 24/7? With no pay?
Four names I wish I had other than my own:
1. Alexandra. I just like the possibilities of nicknames from that....Alex, Lexi, Zandra.
2. Any form of Mary. (Maria, Marietta, Mary-Ann...) It was almost a law to have that kind of name in the High School I attended and sometimes I felt left out. I think Queen
and I got in as the token "Not Mary" chicks.
Four of my favourite actresses:
1. Sandra Bullock
2. Nicole Kidman (notice she has done a couple of "Witchy" movies? Is she trying to tell us something?)
3. Angelina. No last name needed. I'm tired of all the publicity that she is garnering with her uterus right now though. She had a kid. With Brad. And she want another. And this is her time in the spotlight right now? Big deal. Get back in Holly-weird and crank out another movie. Hell, even another Tomb Raider would work for me.
4. Goldie Hawn. Wacky comedy. 'Nuff said.
Four songs I could listen to over and over again:
1. Meredith Brooks-Bitch
2. LeAnn Rimes-Can't Fight the Moonlight (Yeah, I don't know why either. I just do).
3. Aerosmith-Dream On
4. Faith Hill-There You'll Be
Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. NFL. Especially of course, my beloved Bears.
3. E.R. (Just to see when it finally flatlines and they pull the plug)
4. Desperate Housewives. It really has deteriorated into a a soap opera parody, but its still my Sunday night guilty pleasure.
Four places I would like to go to on vacation:
2. Ixtapa (we are soooo going to get back there, somehow).
3. Alaska. I want to go there two times. Once to see the midnight sun and once to see no sun. I know I have a couple of people on my blogroll who lived there. Can you post about life up there? I would love to see a real person's experience and not the travel propoganda.
4. Las Vegas. With an unlimited gambling allowance. Of course.
Four of my favourite cuisines:
4. "Oh shit, I forgot to pull something out of the freezer. I have to raid the cabinets for something to eat"
Four places I wish I was right now:
(see my vacation list)
Ok, anyone who wants to do this: Tag!
Manic Witch wove her spell::
8/22/2006 08:24:00 AM ::