Manic Witch

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ahhhh.

I feel much better now. I managed to plow through the magazines by just ripping out articles I want to read. I usually read every.damn.page of a magazine. But these were ones from someone else and aren't what I would usually buy so they would have been a waste of money. Now I have a tidy little folder of quick articles that I will probably take with me on the train next time I have to go to court.
But the beauty of that little task was that I did it outside, in the glorious weather we had over the weekend. And it helped get one more thing out of the house.
We had Percy and his friend Maurice take care of the weeding. What? Why do you think we had kids? Because we love kids? We just got tired of doing dishes and mowing the lawn. (HaHa). So that chore was taken off my list. Hubs and I did clear the area for the pool and set that up. But-oops-I forgot about the hose last night and when Hubs let the dog out, I heard him yell "OH SHIT!" I ran out to find the side of the pool had collapsed and a torrent of water was rushing over the side! Once we realize that the pool was ok, we did laugh our asses off. (Ok, I did. Hubs didn't think it was quite that funny).
Let's see. What else did I do? I did the laundry (normal Sunday chore), worked on my melanoma risk tan and did a little knitting. I've decided that I am not going to feel guilty if I don't knit. I started it to relax and have fun. I refuse to let it turn in to just another chore.
Saturday night Hubs and I went to Mongolian Barbeque for dinner. Doc got me a gift card for my birthday-she said that they had good food and it was a lot of fun. She was right! You fill a bowl with all the fixin's for your meal-meat, veggies, sauce, spices-and give it to the guy standing by a HUGE hot plate where he cooks it right in front of you. Good food, good fun. We got home and instead of zoning out in front of the boob tube, we sat up till 2:00 playing poker with Percy and Maurice. It was a wonderful change of pace and the boys loved it too.

So overall, a fab weekend and it really helped lift my spirits. I will continue that when I go to Queenie's for a Stitch and Bitch tomorrow. As you can see, I've been working on the Disco Scarf. Its a very mindless knit. I am dying to make progress on the Karoke Cable Scarf, but with my attitude lately, I really don't want to try to focus on a pattern right now. And now that I am 1/3 of the way through the Disco Scarf, I want to finish it before I move on.

Hugs to all of you. It helps to know that you know where I am coming from with my downer mood. But now I am getting all ass-sore from sitting on my pity pot. Time to get off, and enjoy the weather. The Triple H factor is coming soon enough. (Hazy, Hot and Humid). Ahhh. Summer in Chicago. Ick. You can have it.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 6/06/2006 10:52:00 PM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------