Manic Witch

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Now it's all MY fault

I've brought another to the Dark Side of Knitting. Mwahahahah!
On Saturday, Queenie and her Lil' Q came over to visit and hang with my kids. The kids had a ball and I bet Q slept for a week after all the fun they had. Queen made the mistake of threatening to have me teach her how to knit. She took to it like a duck to water. She is totally a natural. Now Q. wants to learn. I don't know if I can teach a 4 year old, but I can give it a try. I ended up giving my K.O. shawl to Q too. I really made it a little smaller than I should have, but I was worried about running out of yarn. Turns out I wouldn't have, but I am still learning. The yarn was on a cone I got from someone and I didn't know how much I had to start with. I didn't want to unwind the whole damn thing towards the end and I had to do a 10 row garter stitch border. So it was smaller than I wanted, but Q just loves it! It's like an afghan on her, but she doesnt mind at all. And the beauty of it is that its acrylic. She cant hurt that thing if she tries. I still haven't made the leap into wools yet but thats mainly because my stash is pretty big at this point and I know I'm not a "real" knitter yet. A "real" knitter knows that there is no such thing as having a stash thats considered "too big". But I am getting there.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 5/02/2006 07:45:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------