Manic Witch

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blast from the past

Last week I took a bunch of paperback books to my local library to exchange them for new ones. Its a great program and it really helps recycle books. I've found books I probably wouldn't have spent the money on only to find that I will probably re-read them over and over again. Another neat thing is finding books that I've read ages ago and are now out of print.
I stumbled across a copy of Audrey Rose. That book scared the hell out of me when I read it as a kid. Yeah, I've always believed in reincarnation-even when the catholic church tried to drum it into my head that our spirits really float in heaven playing harps and sleeping on clouds. And I really think that this book gives people a crappy and very inaccurate impression of reincarnation. I believe we retain part of our personality and characteristics to a degree when we are re-born. Audrey Rose is more of a "Exorcist" version-where people are "possessed" by our past lives, and that I think is where inaccuracies are presented.
But I plan on re-reading it. I need to see if it still scares the hell out of me, or if my 40 year old brain has matured a little beyond my 12 year old brain. I still crack up over the cover though. Audrey Rose looks a lot like a possessed Brooke Shields.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 5/16/2006 08:19:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------