Manic Witch

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Math? You mean I still have to use math??

I finally figured out how to find how much longer I have to work on my damn shawl. It's by using *sigh* math. I measured my gauge which is 4 st-1". I want the width to be about 75 inches so I counted the stitches I already have and realized that I still have to do about another 50 rows! Damn! And since I am only cranking out about 4-5 rows a day-well YOU do the math. I've done enough for one day. At least the last 10 rows will be all garter. I'm never gonna get this thing done. And because I've been working on it for so long, I am getting bored with it. I want to do something else, maybe my disco scarf, but I know if I put the shawl to the side, it will sit forever. I don't want to be "one of those people" who have a dozen unfinished projects, with nothing actually done. I just want to feel like I've accomplished something. The disco scarf can be knocked out in a day or two.
Ok, back to the stitchin' of the shawl.


**Edit**

I just thought of a question for my knitting fans....I forgot to take blocking into account. It's an acrylic yarn, I think worsted weight. (I got it on a cone from a Freecycle member. All I know is that its acrylic). My question is, do I need to block it? If so, will it stretch, and how much? I've never made anything that requires blocking, so I don't know yet. An early pic in my Flickr will give you an idea of what it looks like.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 3/19/2006 09:04:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------