Manic Witch

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Jeezus H. Cripes-its fucking cold out!

Check out my weather pixie. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Did you see that? -9. Thats right. Nine degrees BELOW zero. And the little idiot is just wearing a trench coat. Doesn't she know that she will freeze her little pixie ears? Or her little pixie fingers?

Shit! It's cold out there.

Meanwhile, thank you Isis, Teyla and Queenie for reminding me that I am really blogging for myself and not for others. I guess I forgot that somewhere along the way. So, when I have something to say, or vent about, or crow about, I will do it. I WILL share details of my life. Well, maybe not all the juicy/gory details, but this may go back to being an online journal or it may be an entertainment blog. You just never know.

Things are moving along with my custody quest. We have our preliminary court date set for later this month and the petition has been sent to ex. It really makes him look like the Anti-christ. But all of it is true. I wouldn't have had to resort to this if he hadn't been such a dick to the kids. I do expect things to turn ugly over the next few days and weeks. But I am hopeful.

Here is the progress of my K.O. Shawl....

Image hosting by Photobucket

I haven't been able to do as much on it lately as I need to, but I still think I can finish it in time. I've already had to add another piece of cable from my Boye Needlemaster kit. (Yay for needlemaster!)
I picked up a TON of yarn from my SIL last night that belonged to my grandmother. I will not have to buy white yarn for a few years now. That and red-I have bunches of red too. And notions-bobbins, cable needles, stitch markers....whee! And the best part is they belonged to my grandma. The crafty old lady even used Boye needle master. We cant find the whole kit, but one of the things we found was a piece of cable from the kit, so I know there was a whole kit at one point.

Ok, off to brave the frozen tundra to work I go. Its a short day today and then Doc is on vacation for the next week and a half. I will be working half days to get a few hours on the clock and to keep from being overwhelmed with everything that would pile up when we get back. Besides, unless someone wants to fund a trip to the tropics, watch the kids and critters AND cover for Hubs at work, I'm not going anywhere anyway. Yay for half days, but boo when payday comes around.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 2/18/2006 07:47:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------