Tuesday, January 24, 2006
tagged me on this, so here ya go-proof that I am boring AND lame...
4 Jobs I have had:
1. I worked for 3 seasons at Six Flags Great America. It was great-I got free tickets and pretty much spent every day of the summer there. Now its so damn expensive that there is no way we could take all 6 of us. I guess we could buy a family pass, go a couple of times and come out ahead. Hmmm.
2. I worked for a local-now defunct discount store. (Think an old version of Wally-world). It was great too. I got promoted from cashier to customer service clerk in just about 6 months. And when the CS manager and I put in our notices just a few days apart from each other (coincidence), she was asked if she had anyone in mind to replace her. She said "Manic, but she just put in HER notice". That felt good to hear.
3. I worked as a receptionist for a bowling lane maintenance supply company. They were the ones who invented the "gutter tubes" before the automatic ones they have now. I hated it there. Towards the end of my illustrious career there, I was pregnant and had to go to the bathroom a lot and had to sell my soul to get someone to cover the phones so I could go.
4. I now work as a medical assistant for the bestest Doc. We get along great and I am loving help her practice get started up and grow.
Four movies I could watch over and over and have:
1. Gone with the Wind. Yes, I know the south loses, but will rise again.
2. Titanic. Not for the cheesy love story (did anyone else notice there were no oscars for acting? There is a reason for that). but I watch it for the special effects. Seeing the size of that ship going ass up into the ocean was just awesome!
3. The Star Wars series. I cant stand sci-fi, but this one really rocks my movie world.
4. Lethal Weapon, or T2, or Braveheart. C'mon-Mel or Ahnold? Whats not to love?
Four Places I have lived:
1, 2, 3, 4. I have lived in the same area code my whole life. Yes, I know they kept changing the area codes over the past 20 years, but that is "their" fault, not mine.
Four TV shows I watch:
2. Desperate Housewives-but I have only been watching these two out of habit more than anything else. I guess I want to see how they finally call a "No Code" for ER and I am still loving Bree.
3. CSI-and I really don't know why I like it. I just do.
4. The War at Home. Things we wish we could say, but can't.
Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Germany to see Hubs when he was deployed after 9/11.
2. Ixtapa for our honeymoon. We cannot wait to go back there. Sun, sand, swim-up bar, romance...*sigh* someday, someday.
3. Las Vegas, several times. But you have to plan your arrival at night if its your first visit. Seeing nothing but black through your airplane window, then like a jewel in the night it really is something to see. AND leaving the airport for your hotel and seeing all the neon, glitz and glitter really makes you realize just how gaudy this city really is.
4. Denver to see Hubs family. There is nothing like waking up in the morning, having coffee on your balcony and seeing the mountains on the horizon. Just beautiful.
Four websites I visit daily:
1. Yahoo-I am an email junkie.
2. Most of my blogroll.
Thats pretty much it there. And I spend waaaay too much time at those as it is.
Four Favorite foods:
1. Bennigans buffalo wings
2. Baskin Robbins chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
3. Hubs' meatloaf
4. Hubs King Ranch Chicken
Four places I would rather be:
3. My happy place
4. Snuggled on the couch with Hubs, watching Star Wars all day long.
Ok, I'm not "tagging" anyone here. But if you play, let me know so I can visit my meme offspring.
Manic Witch wove her spell::
1/24/2006 07:32:00 AM ::