Manic Witch

Friday, December 02, 2005

That's MRS. Witch to you

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I've noticed that no one ever addresses me as "Mrs. Witch". It's always "MS. Witch", or just "Manic". I'm MARRIED dammit! I could understand when I was divorced that I would be addressed as "Ms. Formerly-Married-to-Shit-Head". I certainly wasn't a Miss anymore. Not since I was 21 years old and "Miss Embodiment-of-All-that-is-Pure-and-Wholesome". Even kids call me "Manic". I understand kids of close friends, like Queen's lil Q. But she calls me "Auntie Manic" which is perfectly acceptable. I encourage that. But at the grocery store? "Manic". Other doctors offices? "Manic". At least the kiddie patients at work call me "Nurse Manic". Even telemarketers-who should be kissing my ass-call me "Manic". I still call my parents' friends "Mr. and Mrs. Best-Friends-of-my-Parents". The only people who DO call me "Mrs. Witch" are my kids teachers. Go figure.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this without coming off as uptight?

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 12/02/2005 05:01:00 PM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------