Manic Witch

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

*On the first day of my summer vacation...

I woke up.
Then I went downtown.
To look for a job.
Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.*


We just got back a couple of days ago from a great vacation with the kids. We went to Kansas City and to Oklahoma City to visit Hubs' family. I was so proud of the way the girls behaved in the van. They cant go from my house to the gas station without fighting, yet they were fantastic during the 10 hour drive.
In KC, we stayed at Hubs' older sisters farm. The kids got to help feed and groom horses and even got to ride one. A. did get stepped on by one and it bruised the crap out of her foot, but nothing was broken and I think she was proud of it. Like a battle scar. We also tried to take the kids water-skiing at a local lake. I used to ski pretty well as a kid, but couldn't manage to get my fat ass out of the water. Too bottom heavy I guess. A. had problems too, but that is because she never skied before, not for being bottom heavy. E. is so petite, she just popped out like a cork, but didn't know what to do once she got up. I guess I just didn't think that far ahead when teaching her. I didn't think she would get up. And D. had a ball on the wave runner. We also spent a lot of time in the pool-it was so damn hot there. I got a pretty bitchen tan too, although Hubs (as always) got much darker. *insert jealous pout here* P. tried his hand at fishing at their pond, but spent more time slapping pigeon sized mosquitoes than catching anything, but D. caught a nice fish and had a blast doing it. And P. had a permanent side kick with his little cousin. It was a wonder we were able to take P. away from him.

*On the second day of my summer vacation,
I woke up.
Then I went downtown,
to look for a job.
Then I hung out in front of the drugstore.*

A few days later we drove to Oklahoma City to spend time with another sister and my Mother in Law (whom I love dearly). We went to a local water park where the featured attraction was a 6 story tall water slide called the "Mega Wedgie." I didn't go up because after climbing that high twice (for tube rides), I couln't breathe (damn asthma). But Hubs took the girls down and you could see people picking their bathing suits out of their butts at the bottom of the slide.

I also got to meet the Great Googly Moogly while I was there. What a fantasic person she is. We hung out at the pool of the hotel and chatted and got to know each other a bit. We were even brave enough to pose for a pic. *coming soon* And she sees what I see-that Hubs has a George Clooney look to him. (Hands off ladies, he's all mine).

Then it was back to KC for another few days of horses, swimming and visiting for another few days. And finally the long ride home. The weather was perfect as far as weather in the plains states goes. Pretty hot, but the only rain was during the night...kinda humid, but we were swimming anyway so it didn't matter toooo much.

When we finally got home, we were so looking forward to sleeping in our own bed, but Midnight had other ideas. He wont poop in the litter box, so he goes outside to do his business. He was asking to go out shortly before bed, but we were worried that he wouldn't come in and it was too hot and muggy to let him stay outside all night. He ended up leaving a "present" on our bed. Yeah, he got his ass beat for that little move. We had to strip the bed and spent the first night at home with me on the couch and Hubs on the living room floor. I slept like crap (no pun intended) and was dragging my ass at work all day yesterday. We finally got to sleep in our own bed last night and it was paradise.

During the trip, A. got the new Harry Potter book and read it in like, 20 hours. I learned to knit and taught E. some stitches. We are still learning though. I am trying to knit A. a scarf, but went apeshit when I was casting on and now she will have to fold it in half widthwise, but it will keep her neck warm in our Chicago winters. *again, pics to follow*

*On the third day of my summer vacation,
I woke up.
Then I went downtown.
To look for a job.
Then I got a job.
Keeping people from hanging out in front of the drugstore.*

So now, who missed me? Didja even notice I was gone? C'mon, ya know you went through withdrawl not getting your Witch-fix.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 7/19/2005 08:39:00 AM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------