Manic Witch

Friday, May 20, 2005

Are you FUCKING kidding me?

I just heard on the radio about a school in Seattle that will no longer permit military recruiters to speak with students at a local high school. Why? Because the students didn't know that their lives may be in danger if they enlist. BIG FAT FUCKING DUH! Some girl with the intelligence of a dish rag stated that "they make it all sound nice, but they don't tell you that you could be in danger." WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE ARMY DOES??? Of course they are going to focus on the benefits...no room, no board, college tuition (yeah, I'll get to that in a minute), see the world, etc, etc. But the bottom line is that they also engage in dangerous missions. THATS WHAT THEY DO! That is like me being a nurse, but "no one told me I would have to see blood." How in the hell did these kids ever get beyond the age of, oh-I dunno-8? and not know that the military is a dangerous job? Have their parents not let them watch the news? read a newspaper? surf the 'net? And ya know what? Most of the service members DON'T want to be in conflict, but they do it-every day. Why, you might ask? Because they believe in what the flag stands for, they believe in freedom and democracy. They want to know that even if they don't make it home, at least they will have done something to help ensure that their children, and my children and YOUR children will grow up in freedom and safety.

Yeah, the whole education thing? Flashback to Desert Storm. I remember seeing soldiers/kids getting on military vehicles whining "But I only did this for the college money. No one told me we were going to have to go to war." *snivle, whimper, whine* What the sweet holy cracker did you think they were training you for in basic training? Knitting? Pottery making? Listen sweetheart. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Many people make it through their military duty without getting into anything more dangerous than a bar fight, and they go on to college, have a great career, marry , have 2.3 kids...Fabbo for them. They got lucky. You? In exchange for the promise of thousands (THOUSANDS) of dollars of tuition PAID on your sorry behalf, you may have to go into combat. So you were going to USE the system. And you are the type who just makes me sick. My grandfather, my father and my husband all served and fought to defend your sorry ass so you could try to get a free college education, thus feeding your fucking sense of entitlement. No one owes you shit! If you don't want to earn your way through school that way (yes-I said earn), then maybe try scholarships or grants or loans or maybe getting a job and pay for it yourself instead of expecting everything to be handed to you.

Manic Witch wove her spell:: 5/20/2005 04:42:00 PM ::
|
---------------oOo---------------